Ronald McDonald House Charities® South Central Ontario is always looking for passionate people to be part of our team. Find out about the latest available career opportunities below.
Position Title: Housekeeper
Position Type: Part-Time
Location: 1510 Main Street West, Hamilton, ON
At RMHC®SCO, a clean and germ-free environment is vital to the health and well-being of the families we serve. Reporting to the Housekeeping Supervisor, housekeepers are responsible for all general housekeeping and laundry duties, as well as ensuring all areas and guest rooms meet the highest cleaning standard.
• Approximately 8 to 16 hours per week
• 4-5 hour shifts scheduled between the hours of 9am to 10pm on weekends and some statutory holidays
• Perform daily, weekly, monthly, and as-needed cleaning tasks in accordance with operational standards
• Complete tasks to the required level of RMHC®SCO Service Standards
• Communicate any maintenance and ordering needs to the Housekeeping Supervisor
• Prepare guestrooms for the arrival of new families
• Replace bedding and towels as per weekly schedule
• Clean and sanitize all common bathrooms
• Sweep/vacuum floors
• Clean/sanitize/tidy all common areas
• Organize storage rooms as required
Health and Safety
• Training will include proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE is provided by the House) as well as infection prevention and control measures
• Perform duties in accordance with Health and Safety standards
• Report any health and safety concerns to Health & Safety Committee
• Previous housekeeping experience is an asset
• Excellent time management skills
• attention to detail is essential
• Flexible and dependable
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
• Ability to work within a team environment
• Satisfactory Criminal Record & Judicial Matters Check
Family, staff, volunteer, and community health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our House. We have limited access to the House and provide appropriate PPE to families, staff, and volunteers. Before entering the House, individuals need to complete a Daily Health Check screening. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day.
HOW TO APPLY: If you are interested in working with the RMHCSCO team and helping to provide a home away from home for our families, please apply by emailing your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. RMHCSCO is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you require accessibility accommodations to participate in the recruitment process for the above position, please state required accessibility accommodations with your email application.
your support can